October 3, 2016

Goal setting

Goals...
Suddenly I realised it's October, 2016!
Only 3 months left of this year 2016.
Years pass by... Time keeps moving... But am I moving ahead anywhere? Even if the answer to the same is affirmative then am I moving the way I wish to? Am I moving in the direction I wish to? Am I moving ahead on the path which will lead me to the end I wish to achieve?
Have you ever wondered?
At the start of every year we try to follow the tradition of making THE NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS! What was your resolution for the year 2016? Or even if you don't believe in making any such list, still there would have been some idea to figure out your life for this year. So where do you place yourself today? Have you moved ahead?
My answer was NO. Sad. But this answer made me think why there answer is NO? The answer was I did not keep specific goals or if the goals were specific they weren't kept reminded by myself to me.
I just made them, felt happy and that's it. I didn't go back to it but just kept living. Day by day passed and here came a day when it hit me back that 9 months out of 12 are gone. That's not that sad I know but just think if the same statement would be that 50years out of 70years are passed! Now you get the panic attack you will get at that point. Also you have to agree that in that age you will not be able to do each and every thing that you would have done at 20 or 30 or 40.
So... You know now that each day that just pass by unnoticed by yourself is actually an opportunity lost by you to be YOU!
What's the point that I'm trying to make?
Take a pen and paper, or just go to that board you have placed in your room where it's in front of your eye daily, or use your gadget best and put a sticky note on your home screen of phone or laptop.
Make following list for example:
1. Personal Goals
(List of things you want to do just and just and just for yourself. Forget all restrictions you might have, social or financial. Just write what you want yourself to achieve. What you want to learn? What you want to experience? The movie that you missed watching in theatre but thought of watching later,  or may be you downloaded but never watched. That hobby that you always wanted to pursue. That trip that you wanted to go on. That diary that you wanted to write. That morning you wanted to spent meditating... That recipe you wanted to try on your own. List is endless isn't it? Write it down...)
2. Professional Goals
(What and where you want to reach in your professional field? What actions and decisions you need to take to reach there? The position you want to be in? The award you want to win?)

3. Family Goals
(What you want to do for your family and friends? That promise you made to your parents but haven't yet fulfilled. That call you wanted to make or just dropping that text after years to an old friend who was dearest. List it...)

4. Social Goals
(You had thought you would do something for helpless ones. That tree which you wanted to plant. That area you wanted to clean near your surrounding. That awareness you wanted to create. That good deed you wanted to do secretly. List it...)

Add any more categories if you feel like...
But in front of each categories each goal put that specific dates or month or year. You have to keep the target to achieve our it'll end up being an unachieved goal which isn't out motto.
Keep striking of achieved goals....
Keep adding new ones...
Would it be exciting to achieve them?
Go get it...

No comments: