December 29, 2013

The Last Note- Amrit Sinha

The guy in the story proposes the girl with following lines on his knees, 'Rain being the witness,
As it pours down upon us,
I confess my love to thee,
Will you accept my love, and me?'

A note saying,
'Me the fire, you the rain,
How does it matter whether we lose or gain?
So stupid of me to imagine us together,
Your downpour turned me to ash forever.'

Last words before he left,

Oft have I heard the preachers say, 'Time and thee wait for none.'
This is false, quite untrue,
'Cause time and tide do wait for some.

Memories flash, moments of joy,
A glint of smile, a fateful cry;
Your heart very well knows the truth,
Love is one hell of a sinful fruit.

And yet this fruit I silently tasted,
Fought with the devils, then I rested.
An eventful journey life has been,
Dreams so pretty I've always seen.

A jolly fate I do possess,
Meeting you again was beyond my guess;
Thanks for the company through this mile,
Just never give up on that sweet smile.

Time to say goodbye, a warm farewell,
Enjoy your life, truly, without any fail;
Someday, somewhere, we will cross again,
Perhaps on a sunny day or a night when it will rain.

The teacher still preaches,
'Time and tide wait for none.'
Yet I couldn't agree to it anymore,
'Cause time and tide has indeed waited for one.

Yet again from one of stories from LOVE STORIES THAT TOUCHED MY HEART!

2 comments:

Amrit Sinha said...

Thanks for sharing :)

Nilima ;) said...

Indeed my pleasure! :)
...and more pleasurable is to have the comment from you... :D