December 28, 2013

A pair of shoes-Manaswita Ghosh

Was I never yours to save?
I wonder as I lie in my grave,
Why did your eyes brim up with love,
Were they for me? The tears that you shed?
Or were they because I was gone now, so dead?
Why did your lips touch mine?
Was it because there was a love that you once felt?
Or was it because you thought we finally parted, a final touch that made all boundaries melt?
Why did you turn to me with that longing gaze?
Or was it because you knew this was the last time we met?
I thought I knew love, or did I know something that you just framed?
Was it my fault to draw you among the stars, and dream with them as they came and went?
Is that love finally gone, the one you framed?
I do not know, but it still remains, hiding somewhere underneath.
Were there no hidden promises after all?
Not a single fake tale to read to my soul?
Not a single touch that silences my screams,
No forged dreams to make me sleep?
I know it's over now, you're gone and so have I
Now that I have a forever to think of you, in my grave as I lie...

One of stories of LOVE STORIES THAT TOUCHED MY HEART had this poem that I loved very much!

No comments: