August 2, 2018

Bitter to Better

I took the knife and started cutting the Beetroot for salad for I had heard it's good for health, not that I was very fond of eating it for I never liked it's taste. It felt raw, ironish taste which would make it impossible to me to eat beyond few slices. While looking at its qualities I always wished I could eat more of it. I blamed beetroot and it's taste, always, for not allowing me to consume it more despite I wished to. In fact I had even almost quit on it because it was of no use. I tried again and again but it never got better.

One day I was at a friend's place for dinner and there it was again, I wanted to ignore it but somehow it ended up coming in my plate. I felt stubborn and decided to not patch up with it. But since it was on my plate I had to eat it somehow for the reason that I didn't like wasting my food. I picked up the slice and it's texture felt different from one I would cut. It was soft and flexible like jelly. I bit small end of the corner for I couldn't gather the courage to taste that taste again which I have been avoiding since years now. But to my utter surprise it was soft and sweet like some tasty fruit. I was not able to make myself believe that it was the same Beetroot which I would hate for it's taste could even taste like this. I asked my friend to confirm if I was not mistaking the identity. And nope I wasn't. I asked her about the cooking method used and she said she always preferred boiling it, that way it made it easier to consume. I wouldn't disagree as I ended up eating half of my appetite, those tasty beetroot! 😋
Seemed like all this while I was blaming the food where as it was my own cooking technique that was at fault for not being able to consume it.

In the parallel world:

I wondered if the same theory worked with relationships and that there was different way in which we could understand each other and may be if we knew it in a better way things could turn better from bitter!

No comments: